Printing Your Calendar
Applies to: ChurchArt Pro Calendar Feature
Looking to print your online calendar? Whether you post it on a bulletin board, distribute it in meetings, or keep it as a diary for notes, this article will help you navigate printing your calendar.
In this Article
- Select and Print Your Calendar
- Print Multiple Months at Once
- Print Private Events Only
- Print Calendar by Interest Groups or Resources
Select and Print Your Calendar
You can print from Preview or Edit modes.
First, choose if you want to Print the List or Calendar (grid) view.
Then choose Month, Week or Day (t he Day option is only available in List view.)
Once you see on screen what you want to print, click the Print View link (printer icon) near the top of the page.
This will then open a new window in your web browser that shows the Print view of your calendar. To print, select File >> Print or right-click with your mouse on the webpage and select Print.
Here are our recommended settings before printing if they are available in your browser:
- Set your margins to .5 on all four sides.
- Make sure the Header and Footer fields are blank.
- Select "Fit to page" or a % of page size so the entire calendar fits on one page.
- Verify that the layout setting says "Landscape."
- Verify the correct printer is selected and select the number of pages and copies you want to print.
Once you have the print settings as you like, simply select Print!
Currently, the calendar can only be printed to fit a standard letter-size page, although you may be able to adjust this under your printer settings if needed.
Print Multiple Months at Once
If you would like to print out more than one month at a time, first select the date range you wish to print:
Once you have chosen your date range, follow the same steps as above by going to Print View and printing from there. Each month will automatically start on a new page.
Print Private Events Only
If you are logged in to view private events when you click the "Print View" button all of your private events will display and print on your calendar.
To ensure private events don't print on your calendar, click the padlock icon in the upper-right part of the screen, and then click 'hide private events.' (It may say "Hide..." that includes the name you gave your private calendar. For example, our calendar says "Hide Office Calendar"
Print Calendar by Interest Groups and/or Resources
You can print just an interest group's calendar events rather than printing all events.
- Open View Calendar
- Go to Interest Group and/or Resources drop-down menu
- Choose the calendar you would like to print
- Click on Print View link
- Follow instructions for printing above
Troubleshooting Common Printing Issues
Although every printer is a little different, here are some common printing issues and possible solutions. Please consult your printer's help for any issues with connectivity or formatting.
Problem: The calendar always prints on 2 pages.
If your calendar has a lot of information it may take more than one page to print it all.
Here are some suggestions:
1. Create an interest group for printing the calendar (you may call it "Print Events" or something like that). Attach every event you want to appear on the printed calendar. You still won't be able to print every event, but you can filter out the ones that don't really need to be printed and can get your calendar to fit on one page.
2. Download the calendar to Word. Click here for help with this process. From Word, you can then edit your calendar.
3. Another suggestion is to choose the PORTRAIT Printable Version. If it still does not fit, consider switching to 8-1/2" x 14" legal size paper.
4. Try "Shrink to fit" in your printer settings and try "PORTRAIT" or "LANDSCAPE" to see which works best.
Problem: My images are not printing.
At this time, we purposely strip photos and images from the Print view to guarantee it can fit onto a single sheet of paper. If you'd like to include images, consider using our Export to Wordfeature and adding images in Word before printing.