Creating Recurring Events
Applies to: ChurchArt Pro Calendar Feature
Learn how the calendar allows you to flag any event or activity as a recurring event, so it does future scheduling for you. You can have events appear on the designated days for a year or even two years ahead.
In this Article
Create a recurring calendar event
1. From "Edit Calendar", click the Add event Icon.
2. Fill in the event information.
3. To make an event recurring, click on the drop-down menu under "Repeats."
4. Choose how often the event will occur (Daily, weekly, Every weekend, monthly, etc). Once you choose the frequency of the event, you can set up the other parameters: including which days, the date range and when the event will stop recurring.
5. Click save when you have entered all the information for the event, and the calendar will automatically populate with the recurring event.
Click on the link below to watch a quick tutorial video on how to set up a recurring event in your calendar.
Recurring events on custom dates
1. On the first day that the event will begin, add the event.
2. Complete all the event information.
3. To make an event recurring, click on the drop-down menu under "Repeats." Choose "Custom (copy to multiple dates)"
4. Mark all of the dates in a row where the event will occur. These can be completely random or follow a pattern
5. If you want different information in the details of each day, you will need to edit the event and change the details for each day.
Events spanning multiple dates
At this time, we do not have the ability to put a banner across several days. For now, here is a work-around:
1. On the first day of the event, create the event.
2. Following the steps in the instructions above, create a recurring event with custom dates.
3. Click "Save event and edit dates it's copied to"
4. Mark all of the dates in a row where the event will occur:
5. If you want different information in the details of each day, you will need to edit the event and change the details for each day. (For example, in our sample, we are setting up for the Fall festival. You may put details into each day about what needs to be accomplished or which teams are assigned for set up).
Delete future events in a series
To delete future events in a recurring series:
1. Go to the Edit the Calendar page.
2. Open the recurring event that you need to change.
3. Under "Repeats," Look for the "Ends" setting.
4. Choose "End by" and a date for ending.
6. Click Save and Close
7. On the pop-up screen, choose "All future events in this series."