Getting Started with Send News
Applies to: ChurchArt Pro Send News
Note: The Send News feature is not available as part of the ChurchArt Free-Trial period.
The Send News feature is an easy way to communicate to your entire congregation or select groups via their email addresses. Create and send email messages quickly and easily with this feature. In just a few simple steps you’ll be able to create and deliver email information to your church community at no additional charge!
In this article:
Begin by adding your email recipients to your contact list. To add contacts, go to the 'Edit Contact List' section then click 'Edit
- Click the 'Add a Contact' button to add contacts one at a time. Recipients' email addresses can be imported from a CSV file or added manually. Click 'Import Contacts' to enter several names at one or to upload .CSV or Excel document of existing contacts.
- There are no limits to the number of contacts you wish to add.
- Use the Manage your Contact Lists page to also ADD or EDIT Groups of contacts. To add groups, click on the Add button below the Groups section. Existing groups can be edited by clicking on the Edit button.
- To assign recipients to Groups you have created, click on the email address of a recipient. In the 'Edit Contact' dialogue box, click the appropriate Group to assign the email address. Then click Save.
- To remove a recipient from a Group, click the email address contact to update in 'Manage your Contact List', and remove the check mark by the Group to remove the contact from the Group. Click Save.
When you have completed adding or editing Contacts or Groups, click the Done Managing Contacts button.
To learn more and watch a video tutorial on how to manage your contact list, click here to view.
Create your email message
- Now you're ready to create and send your first quick message. Click the Send a Quick Message button.
- Begin to create your message by entering your subject line and message. And here's the best part ... it's FAST and EASY!
- Enter a title in the Subject field—this creates the title of your email message and will show in the existing message list once created.
- Write your message in the text box.
- Send a test email (if you wish) of your message by entering an email address in the ‘Send Test Email To:’ field, then click the ‘Send test email’ button. This will send a test email to the email address you’ve entered. You can use the test email to review the message you’ve created and make any changes if you wish.
Now that you've created your email, you're ready to click the 'Select Contacts and Publish' button. This will take you through you have just a few quick checks to select your publishing options and then you're ready to send. Click the Select Contacts and Publish button.
Note, if you’re not ready to send your email, your email will be saved and will show in the ‘Edit an Existing Message’ list on the ‘Broadcast and Send News’ page. Your email can be edited and/or sent whenever you are ready. The subject title you entered when first creating your message will be the name of the message shown in the list.
To edit an existing message, simply click on the title link of the message and make any necessary adjustments and you’re ready send a test email or Select Contact and Publish.
Send your message
- Once your message is complete, click ‘Select Contacts and Publish’ button from the ‘Broadcast and Send News’ page.
- Next, select the recipients of your email under Choose your contacts list. Click on All Contacts or Choose one or more groups. You can click on the magnifying glass icon to view the complete list of members in each list.
Create a contact list
- Subject - This is the title of your email.
- From Name - This is the sender’s name that appears in email clients.
- Reply-to Email Address - This is where replies to your email will be sent.
- Your Address - To meet the requirements of anti-spam legislation, you must include a physical address as a part of your email content. Use the Update Address button to edit your address, and it will automatically be added to your email footer. You can change that address by clicking on the Update Address button.
- Schedule or Send - select a time and date to send your message--either immediately or at a specific time and date in the future.
- Once you have confirmed all the email details, click the 'Schedule and Send' button.
Click below to watch a short video on sending your news.
Managing Recipients who choose to unsubscribe
Your email recipients can choose to unsubscribe to your email list by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each e-News email that you send.
By clicking the unsubscribe link on the email they receive, they are choosing to be removed from receiving future e-News emails from you. They may receive an additional email AFTER unsubscribing due to timing of scheduled emails and the process time for unsubscribing.
You will receive an email report of any undelivered emails and unsubscribe recipients within 48 hours of your sent email. After that time, those unsubscribed emails will be dropped from your contacts list and cannot be added back to your contacts again in order to meet compliance of the CAN-SPAM act. We will continue to attempt to deliver emails to email address that are marked as bounced. You can determine if you wish to remove those bounced email addresses from your list or leave
If you have a recipient who has unsubscribed in error, they can resubscribe to your e-news emails by emailing ChurchArt directly from the email address that would like to resubscribe. Send the email request to re-subscribe email@example.com (NOTE: the email request must include your ChurchArt account number).
Dear Church Art,
Please resubscribe me to the enews list for Anytown Church, Anytown, OH. (acct # 1111111).
The brief video below provides an excellent overview of Send News: